If you have a throbbing toothache or have had a tooth broken by a dental accident or bad fall when of course you will want to visit the dentist to repair your smile. However, it is better by far to be in the habit of visiting Gorelik Dentistry for preventive dental care rather than a dental emergency. We recommend scheduling routine dental appointments to monitor your oral health and prevent harmful oral health conditions.
Ideally, you should visit the dentist at six-month intervals to receive a professional dental cleaning and exam from an experienced dental team. During your dental checkups, we clean plaque and tartar from the teeth and gums and look for any signs of enamel erosion, cavities, oral cancer or gum disease. Some patients may need to visit our office more frequently if advised by our dentist to protect weakened oral health.
If you have any of the following conditions, you should schedule a visit to the dentist for an oral exam as soon as possible:
– Changes in the texture or color of your teeth, gums or soft tissues
– Bleeding from the gums whenever you are brushing or flossing
– Persistent bad odor or a bad taste in the mouth
– Sudden changes in the alignment of the teeth or how the bite comes together
– New developments in a medical diagnosis or prescription medication, or the occurrence of a sudden illness
These conditions and more can affect your oral health. You should not hold off on contacting our office until you are sure you are experiencing a dental problem or need emergency dental care. Give our team a call at 704-553-1627 today if you need to speak with Dr. Julia Gorelik or are due for a dental checkup in Charlotte, North Carolina.