We understand that your health is important to you. We are pleased to offer quality dentistry with a holistic approach, always keeping your overall health in mind as we care for your smile. One of the tools we utilize to preserve your health is digital radiography (X-rays). Come to our office to experience state-of-the-art dental care!
What are digital X-rays?
Digital X-rays are a diagnostic tool that we use to identify and diagnose dental problems. Unlike traditional X-ray technology, digital radiography uses a digital sensor to capture high-quality images of your teeth, jawbone, and other oral structures. Using digital X-rays, our dentist and team can identify a number of dental issues, such as tooth decay between teeth, bone loss, infection in the tooth nerve, impacted teeth, improper tooth root positions, cysts and abscesses, developmental abnormalities, and more.
Based on these findings and diagnoses, we can then recommend the treatment you need to improve your smile’s health and appearance.
What are the benefits of modern digital radiography?
Gone are the days of waiting for X-ray films to develop. Because digital radiography uses a digital sensor, we are able to capture and view nearly instantaneous images of your teeth and surrounding structures. Some other advantages of digital X-rays include:
- Digital radiography uses less radiation than traditional radiography
- Taking digital X-rays is faster and more comfortable for you, our patient
- Julia Gorelik can expand and zoom in on the digital images for more precise diagnoses
- Your digital X-rays can be added to your patient file so we can compare images and analyze the health of your smile over time
- The digital X-rays can be easily and quickly sent to other dental and medical professionals, as well as insurance companies, as needed
For more information about the benefits of digital radiography in Charlotte, North Carolina, we welcome you to contact our team today at Gorelik Dentistry. We look forward to hearing from you!